RI Discovery: Make a Difference in Your Life Today!
- Problems with stress at work, school or home?
- Loss of focus or fear of failure hindering your ability to perform your job or grow your career?
- Trouble managing negative emotions and impulses?
- Lowered feelings or loss of sleep due to racing thoughts or other concerns?
- Worrisome, angry or fearful thoughts causing disruptions in your days or nights?
- Looking for that boost of self confidence to put you on a positive path?
RI Discovery can help!
What is RI Discovery?
RI Discovery is a simple set of living skills which enable people to live more peaceful, productive lives. RI Discovery participants develop these self-help skills in friendly, interactive, fast-paced, peer-to-peer meetings and through self direction.
RI Discovery provides:
- Hope through learning and practicing simple living skills which encourage and improve personal growth.
- A safe place to express feelings.
- User-friendly materials for quick learning of time-tested self-help techniques.
- Highly interactive meetings for peer support and training of the self-help techniques.
- Support and acceptance which may be lacking at home, school or work.
Who Should Use RI Discovery?
RI Discovery is for anyone living with emotional difficulty in life and looking for a safe place to quickly learn to change negative personal patterns of behavior to positive ones. The skills you learn in RI Discovery can be applied to any irritation or frustration in everyday life.
What are the Program’s Self-Help Tools?
The self-help tools are simple cognitive-behavioral techniques developed by neuropsychiatrist Abraham Low, MD. These techniques have been successfully used in Recovery International self-help meetings for more than seven decades and are now provided in a very easy-to-learn format in RI Discovery.
What Happens at RI Discovery Meetings?
At RI Discovery meetings participants describe an event from everyday life that caused distress.
They explain how they used the program’s self-help techniques to address their discomfort and control their negative responses.
Attendees then offer positive, constructive encouragement which highlight the example-giver’s successful use of the self-help techniques and suggest other techniques that could have been used.
RI Discovery meetings are confidential and the information shared is kept within the group.
The Self-Help Materials
RI Discovery is complemented by user-friendly materials which enable participants to quickly learn the self-help techniques. These materials are suited for use both in meetings and personal self direction.
RI Discovery Workbook
Provides the training and support for learning the self-help techniques and how to take part in an RI Discovery meeting.
The Wisdom of Dr. Low—Words to Live By
Compilation of quotations of works by neuropsychiatrist Abraham Low, MD. The book is used during RI Discovery meetings and is also a quick-reference for a specific issue or concern.
To find an RI Discovery group in your area or to learn how to start your own group, contact our office 866-221-0302 today.