The Recovery International online forums and online meeting rooms are intended for peer support on the organization’s self-help systems. If this is an emergency or you need immediate assistance, please call your local emergency room. Chat room participants must be 18 years of age or older.
Posting any of the following may result in termination of your ability to use the Recovery International online forums and online meeting rooms.
- Derogatory or offensive remarks directed towards other users;
- Sexual content;
- Argumentative messages or messages that are posted for the sole purpose of starting or maintaining arguments with other users;
- Messages used to conduct or encourage any illegal activities, including software infringement, spreading computer viruses, gambling, distribution of pornography, or other illegal activities;
- Messages used to upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Messages that appear to impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- Messages used to conduct polls, research or otherwise gather information from users or that contain advertising, product promotion, promotion of professional services, clinical trials or research or links.
Opinions expressed here are those of writers and not those of Recovery International.
Use of these online forums and online meeting rooms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois and federal laws.
For the purposes of the Recovery International online meeting rooms, user information, including email address, may be provided to the designated meeting facilitator(s) so that they may contact users in regards to online meetings they have registered for.
By using the online forums and online meeting rooms, the user agrees to the terms and conditions and indemnify and hold Recovery International, its staff and agents harmless from and against any liability, claims, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including attorneys' fees) relating to any acts or omissions by users or to materials or information transmitted by users in connection with the use of the Recovery International online forums and online meeting rooms.