Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 05/11/2012 : 23:08:34
my niece i give her a ride home from work 20 miles round trip ,i do not charge her gas money ,i can afford to pay for the gas ,but i see her buying thing she really dose not seem to need ,wasting money on junk, thats when i Begin to work my self up, symptoms angry temper,lower feeling,palpitations,disturbing impulses, angry temper ,do things i fear and hate to do, be recovery led not symptom-led, people do things that annoy us not to annoy us ,if you can't change an event you can change your attitude to wards it what i do is shut down when driving her home ,and say not much, then she get worked up,
|4 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
||Posted - 05/14/2012 : 16:32:01
Example giver controlled his speech muscles. The resoluteness of the muscles overcomes the defeatism of the brain. The closer the family members, the stronger the link to sabotage. If you can't change the situation, you can change your attitude toward it.
We can't change outer environment, we can only hope to influence it. Self-appointed expections lead to self-induced frustrations. It is average for young people to purchase things that may seem impractical. Welcome to the Forums!
||Posted - 05/13/2012 : 19:38:05
• I spot expectations and disappointments in regards to niece’s choices.
• It is average for people to purchase things that may seem impractical. Niece is average.
• Two people can never be expected to have identical opinions, habits, or preferences. If they are to live in peace, they must evolve mechanisms for adjusting [resolving?] their differences and difficulties. (PvP)
• The trivial irritations of the outer environment can be approached with either temper or humor. If the approach is temper, your organs will be thrown into commotion. If the approach is humor, your internal environment will be spared the anguish and agony of the temperamental response.
• The niece’s spending is a triviality.
• “Dispositions are governed by Predispositions." A position is invariably preceded by a disposition. If your present disposition is belligerent, it will give rise to a series of fighting positions, and your subsequent behavior will be aggressive, threatening and provocative. If it is peaceful, your position will be favorable to a courteous, conciliatory and compromising attitude. MHTWT, Chapter 31
• The desire to prove people wrong is temper. In Recovery we are trained to spot this habit. MHTWT, Pg 215
• There is no right or wrong, only a failure to see the other person's point of view.
Welcome to the forums!
||Posted - 05/12/2012 : 14:34:34
The writer can endorse for the effort to post his first example on the forums.
He may choose to express himself with culture at a time when he's out of temper.
We get well in direct proportion to our willingness to bear discomfort.
A self endorsed person is a secure person.
||Posted - 05/12/2012 : 10:15:05
We can't control the outer environment, we can only hope to influence it.
Temper is the bridge between the inner and the outer environment. When we drop our tempers then the outer environment can no longer affect our inner environment.
He choose peace over power.
What45of can endorse himself for efforts made in this example.