Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 06/15/2012 : 14:49:40
Ex.: I arrived at work late today and was in a bad mood.
Symptoms: Fearful: For coming very late. Worry that people will notice I am in a bad mood. Angry: At people generally not acknowledging me. Very irritable and impatient. I had argued with my husand this morning and that set the tone for the distressing day.
Spottings: Feelings will rise and fall and run their course if we don't attach danger to them. It's the symptoms, not the situation.
Before RI: I would have given in to temper. I would not have come to work today.
|6 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
||Posted - 06/20/2012 : 11:36:45
Tink can endorse for going to work even though she was late, in a bad mood and had words with her husband. All of these things are average. Bear discomfort in order to gain comfort. Harmless outpouring of a nervous imbalance.
If you can't change the situation, you can change your attitude toward it. The closer the family members, the stronger the link to sabotage. Our natural responses may be immune to changing but they are amendable to spotting.
Nervous patients suffer seriousness and humor can be a great antidote.
||Posted - 06/18/2012 : 14:53:45
Endorse for not makng an issue of moodiness. Endorse for functioning at a level higher than you feel..
||Posted - 06/17/2012 : 02:39:51
She can endorse for going to work - period.
We are not transparent.
We only have to do an average good job.
When we are endorsing ourselves we are not criticizing ourselves.
She is making a business out of recovery, not a game.
||Posted - 06/17/2012 : 00:57:42
• Average people are late for work now and then….Dr. Low would say, “What of it”.
• Average people sometimes are in a bad mood… Dr. Low would say, “What of it”.
• Average people argue with their spouses over phony issues from time to time… Dr. Low would say, “What of it”. We can make amends by changing our attitude and apologizing if we so choose.
• Drop the need to be exceptional. (MHTWT Pg. 84)
• When we think people are watching us Dr. Low calls this a “sense of undesirable exceptionality”. MHTWT, Ch. 5
• An important idea to get into one's heads is that: Recovery stands for averageness and shuns extremism. In fact the supreme principle of Recovery Philosophy frowns on excellence, perfectionism and any form of extremism in the daily round of average existence.
• Tink can self endorse for gains made over pre Recovery days and for posting for mutual aid. A self endorse person is a secure person.
||Posted - 06/16/2012 : 07:41:36
Accept or reject: possible sabotage of mental health by expectations of other workers noticing the writer.
Being late is distressing but not dangerous.
A nervous patient's favorite pastime is self torture.
Possible sabotage of imagination on fire.
Dr. Low encouraged his patients to adopt the attitude of the average person, i.e., being late occasionally is a triviality.
||Posted - 06/15/2012 : 21:15:33
Tbell18 can endorse for functioning in symptoms.
She is self-led, not symptom led.She has the will to bear the discomfort of an uncomfortable morning.
We get well in accordance with the amount of discomfort we are
wlling to bear.
She can endorse for stopping the impulse to not go into work, and chosing Will to Effort over the Will to Comfort.